Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

e.l.f. (eyes lips face) Review

It's time for a . . . REVIEW!!!

It is time to take a look at what e.l.f. has given us in the terms of nail polish. This is happening because I got my second nail cube in the mail yesterday and I am really excited!


All of you may know e.l.f. for their low prices (eye shadow brush packs for $3 dollars, or eye shadow pallet with 150 colors for $20). As for me, my cousin Natalie introduced them to me, and I had no idea that they did nail stuff. I found it one day when I went to Target. They had a clearance make-up end cap that had 4 e.l.f. bottles for $4. How on earth, as a nail addict, could I pass that up??? 
These were the colors: 


Coral Dream
Nude
Lilac
Teal Blue




I will admit that at first I was really skeptical. How on earth could a bottle of nail polish that only costs a dollar be any good? I was absolutely shocked when I got home and painted my toe nails with the Teal Blue. It was so creamy (as opposed to thin) and in one coat my nails looked flawless. 

Naturally I went online to see where I could get more. I saw something I could not survive without!       
 

These are the nail cubes. 14 colors for $14. They have the Brights (white box) and Jewel Tones (black box). They are absolutely amazing. So creamy, all the colors work well together. They stay on for forever (helps if you have a really good top coat, but I will discuss that in another review). 
Here are the Bright colors:  
(Starts at the top left)

Flirty Fuchsia
Gold Star
Chic Confetti
Mango Madness
Electric Fuchsia
Sunflower
Metallic Elegance
Lavender Mist
Dream Maker
Nude
Fairy Dust
Mint Cream
Smokin Hot
Skinny Jeans






Here are the Jewel Tone colors: 
(Starts on the top left)

Red-y or Not
Cherry Bomb
Green Machine
Taupe of the World
Misty Haze
Desert Haze
Smoky Brown
Glamour Girl
Blushing Beauty
Dazzle Diva
Violet Velvet
Sea Escape
Chic Confetti
Gold Star







This picture ^ is one coat,
one coat on each nail. That is unbelievable.
Most inexpensive polishes require you use half the bottle for solid coverage. 


The only thing is, these boxes are all the mini bottles. They aren't full size which helps keep the price low. 

And the verdict is?????
Do it. Buy them all! If you don't have $12 to spend on one bottle of Sephora (let's be honest, who does??) or if you want 3 or 4 colors, but don't want to spend the $20 that would cost, e.l.f. is the brand for you. I am very happy with all of my bottles and will buy them again when I run out. It is great polish that doesn't cost a fortune. How many wins can a girl hope for?!?!



Thanks for reading, I wish you all the luck in the world with your nail endeavors! Leave a comment and let me know what you think! Or give me a like if you read this off facebook. I shall post something else eventually :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment