Search This Blog

Monday, September 23, 2013

Dirty Rotten Lies

It's time for a . . . REVIEW!!!

So . . . yesterday was the official first post that I made, the Nightmare Before Christmas nails. You might remember this picture . . . 

 . . . and my listing of 'Sharpie' as a tool being used in the design guide. But I lied. I didn't actually use a Sharpie. 

The thing with Sharpies is they are great for learning to do designs. They give you the stability and familiarity of using a pen to draw. That makes it easier, and they have finer tips then any of the nail polish paint pens. But . . . they streak the second you put top coat on. It runs and ruins the design. 

This means, practice with the Sharpies and don't use top coat. Once you get good at drawing with the Sharpies you will probably be pro enough to use my favorite tool on this planet with the best design creating materials!!! 


 < This is my favorite tool. But the one that I have has a paint brush on one end and the pin head on the other (like I said, $8 at Sally's). The pin head takes a bit to get used to, but one you got it you can do anything. 

The other picture there is of acrylic paint bottles. This idea came from my aunt Amy Ball, and let me just say she is a genius!! When you try to use the pin head tool with nail polish it works, but it isn't smooth and the polish drys out.

The moral of the story is, when you first try out these designs I make tutorials for or anything you come up with on you own USE SHARPIES!! Then, once you feel confident go down to Sally's and by the pin head/paint brush tools for $8 and go to Wal-mart and start stocking up on acrylic paint (best part is, they are $0.99 eash!!) and go crazy!! 

Thanks for reading, sorry I lied to you. I wish you all the luck in the world with your nail endeavors! Leave a comment and let me know what you think! Or give me a like if you read this off facebook. I shall post something else eventually :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment