Search This Blog

Monday, October 7, 2013

Holiday Nails: Simple Halloween

Today's Design is . . .

SIMPLE HALLOWEEN!!! I got a new kind of polish today at Wall-Mart on a whim. I saw it in the Maybelline section (you guys will probably learn that Maybelline is my favorite inexpensive make-up) and couldn't look away. 

I got the black and white one, because you can never go wrong with the classiest of color combination. It is $2.97 in the nail section of Maybelline with the other Color Show. I have never used this brand before so y'all get to experience this with me! 

To start off the simple Halloween nails you need . . . 
Beauty Secrets: base coat
Finger Paints: Prints and Printsess
Color Show Polka Dots: Clearly Spotter
Beauty Secrets: top coat










The first thing, ladies and gents, it to slather your lovely nails with some base coat. The better your base coat the less chips your polish will have and the longer the design will stay. Moral is, INVEST IN YOUR BASE/TOP COAT! Spend the money now so you don't waste your colored polish. Once the base is dry and 1-2 coats of the orange.
I usually wait about 5 minutes after applying base coat before I add the color. Your base coat has to be dry before you add more. Come to think of it, for every layer of anything you ever put on your nails, wait until you can lightly drag another finger across your nail without causing any wrinkles or smudging in any way. You will thank me later and save your sanity if you listen to this. 












Now for the part that makes it Halloween. The black and white chunky clear coat. These kinds of polishes are a little weird. The polish that falls into the "chunky clear coat" category is anything that has stuff in it (glitter, foil, sequins, and chunks) but no color in the actual liquid portion. 
For Example: the Color Show Polka Dot polish that I chose has big black chunks, big white chunks, and small black glitter. But, when I put it over the orange it does not change the color of the orange. 

When you put it on the top of your color it should look like this . . .

So here we have it! Super super simple nails that still scream Halloween! It literally takes about 20 minutes if you do the "layer waiting" portion (seriously though, do it. I can't tell you how many designs I have ruined because I was too impatient). Give it a try yourself and have fun! 

Thanks for reading, I wish you all the luck in the world with your nail endeavors! Leave a comment and let me know what you think! Or give me a like if you read this off facebook. I shall post something else eventually :)

No comments:

Post a Comment